TomTom XL Map Update: TomTom is a multinational company that is known for making navigation devices, providing information on automated driving, traffic and travel, and maps. Various types of data are available on the website which lets you download various types of maps- SD, HD, or ADAS.
There are updates various times in a year which are necessary to keep the device updated with the latest features and get good performance. The updates are both software and map-related. Most of the TomTom devices are having preloaded updates but then too it is necessary to have the latest TomTom GPS update.
Apart from using the already installed map updates, you can also purchase maps of any area around the world.
All this information is available on the website while you can also download the TomTom home application where you will be notified about the updates if you register with them and apart from notifying the update they will also provide you the facility of upgrading your device from the application itself.
How to download TomTom home:
- Go to the official company’s website.
- You will see the SHOP option, when you head on to that, a drop-down list will be there, click on the last option of ‘maps update and support’.
- A search box will appear where you can type TomTom home and various options will be available in a bit.
- Select whichever operating system you have- windows or macOS.
- Click on the download button, follow the on-screen instructions, and agree to all the agreements and licenses. After the installation is completed you can continue downloading any updates or upgrading the software of your device.
After downloading the TomTom home application follow the below steps for TomTom XL map update:
- Open the application on your computer and plug in the USB cable with the device.
- The device will be detected in a bit further on login to your account.
- The processing will take some time but the application will show the required or available updates automatically.
- It will ask for some approvals and permissions, allow all of them and click on the update button.
- After you click the update button the installing process will start and the device will be updated with the latest map features in a short period of time.
The devices come with both free and paid map updates. Some devices come with free updates for a lifetime while some for a limited amount of period.
Paid TomTom XL map update Process:
- Go to the official website and under the SHOP section click on- Maps and services.
- Click on maps and you will find a number of maps available which can be downloaded and installed in the device. The maps can be purchased for an annual subscription.
- Click on the place order button and the company will deduct the fees from your account and your plan will start. You get some map updates for free at the start which is called warranty map updates.
The amount is non-refundable but after one billing process is completed then you can cancel the subscription plan.
After your installation is done on the computer, you can install the same on your device also.
Make sure you have an active internet connection so that updates can be downloaded and payments can be processed without any hassle and after all these steps for the TomTom XL map update, still you face any trouble or need any assistance you can contact the TomTom customer support at Mygeolocate. They will provide you a quick and easy solution for the same.